1963... More than Half a Century of Know-How
The origins of the company go back to 1963. At that time, they were known as Piazza & Gentile. It was a family owned paving and landscaping business.
1978... The Birth of Pépinière Piazza & Gentile
In 1978, with the official opening of Pépinière Piazza & Gentile, the family business expanded. Soon, this small company will become a leading player in the landscaping industry.
2007... A Family Affair
In 2007, after many years of hard work, Giuseppe hands over the business to his three children: Angela, Orlando and Joe. Shortly after, Mega Centre Montréal was born. Mega Centre Montréal established itself as a leader not only in the landscaping industry, but also in that of masonry.
2010... The Expansion Continues
Between 2010 and 2017, the Gentile family propelled the company to unparalleled heights with the addition of three new stores. In 2010, they acquired Rainville Briques et Pierres in Joliette; in 2011, they acquired Briques Saint-Constant in Saint-Constant and in 2017, they acquired Pavés Tendances Rive-Sud in Longueuil. In 2018, the business continues to grow. Soon, the third generation of Gentile will take over.
Garden Centre: Garden Centre Advisor with or without experience
- Advise customers and sell in a garden centre.
- Labelling items and placing new arrivals.
- Maintaining and watering of plants.
- Education level: Secondary; DEP or DEC in horticulture equivalent an asset.
- Languages spoken: French and English.
- Number of hours per week: plus or minus 40 hours.
- Good knowledge of horticultural products, trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials, plants, etc.
- Aptitude and keen interest in retail sales and customer service.
- Sense of organization, ability to adapt, dynamic and team spirit.
- Employment status: Seasonal, days and weekends.
- Duration of employment: to be determined.
- Expected start date: Spring 2021.
Person to contact
Garden Centre: Customer service
Main tasks and skills :
- Available to work weekends.
- Ability to lift items of 25 lbs or more.
- Experience with customer service.